The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a video of sommelier Jason Kallsen tasting through these six wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six Burgundies, three white and three red, showcasing variety, family ownership, land stewardship, and four different vintages.
- New to the world! A wine from Vézelay AOC, the newest region of Burgundy (and off the beaten path from all others).
- A darling Petit Chablis that is as bright, floral, and minerally as they come.
- An AMAZING Pouilly-Vinzelles that will blow you away. “As good as a Premier Cru Chassagne,” says Jason in the video.
- A 2014 red Burgundy showcasing that happens with bottle development with top quality storage (this wine has sat peacefully in a cool warehouse for years).
- Our favorite bang for the buck Burgundy in the last 12 months: an Hautes Côte de Beaune from a tiny producer who has been growing grapes in Burgundy for decades.
- A darling wine from an often overlooked AOC: Santenay, on the southern end of the Côte d’Or.
Overachieving Burgundy! Not only in quality, but also in bang for the buck. Burgundy, as we know, is not a cheap hobby. But quality for the money does exist, and this collection of wines proves it. Six fantastic Burgundies, three white and three red, with six totally different personalities. WE LOVE this Somm Kit!
$189 worth of over-delivering wines for only $156.54 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.