The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a 40+ minute video of sommelier Jason Kallsen and Angela Kallsen tasting through these six wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six wines from two of our favorite California producers: Leo Steen and LIOCO.
- Two whites, four reds, all balanced and delicious, all punching way above their weight class.
- A brand new Pinot Noir from the new Petaluma Gap AVA that is only available in Minnesota!
- A Chenin Blanc from our favorite Chenin vineyard in the new world: the Jurassic Park Vineyard in Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara County.
- A rare Grenache from the Dry Creek Valley. Only 300 case total production.
- In our opinion: one of the best bang for the buck Chardonnays made in California today.
- A gem from Mendocino County that is 93% Carignan and 7% Valdigué (which we explain in detail in the video).
- One of the best California Pinot Noirs we have experienced in a long time … enjoyed with a dish we make at the end of the video.
We’ve been waiting a long time to bring this kit to you! These are two of our favorite wineries, each part of the ‘New California’ movement of young producers sourcing fruit from old vineyards. Six wines that are way above average and that bring something special to the table.
$200 worth of great wines for only $163.75 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.
George and Oscar are particularly excited about this Somm Kit!