The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a video of sommelier Jason Kallsen tasting through these six wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six wines that are a huge part of the history of the wine world, comprised of Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, cellar tags, and a 40+ minute video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines.
- Features six selections including:
- Two WONDERFUL Sauvignon Blancs that could not be more different. One from California, one from New Zealand. Both equally wonderful and with their own personalities.
- A textbook and bargain Cabernet Franc to help introduce those new to Cab Franc to what may be your new favorite grape. One of our favorite labels as well (and labels do matter!).
- THREE Cabernet Sauvignons. One from an unknown region of California. One from a veteran producer in Washington State. And one from arguably the top Cabernet region of the Southern Hemisphere.
- PLUS a ton of links, articles, and education, to help you understand these wines further.
All in the family! Why is it called this? Because about 400 years ago Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Franc had a little one night stand, and they made a baby called Cabernet Sauvignon. This changed the world of wine forever, and brought to us what would become the most popular grape in the world of wine.
$100 worth of over-delivering wines for only $83.65 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.