The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a 40+ minute video of sommelier Jason Kallsen and Angela Kallsen tasting through these wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six superb wines from one of the best producers in Argentina, Zuccardi (winner of “Best Vineyard in the World” two years in a row!)
- THREE awesome and totally different Malbecs (we couldn’t do an Argentina kit without featuring Malbec, of course), including a rarity that is one of the highest scoring wines of the country.
- A top notch Bonarda, otherwise known in California as Charbono (we explain the whole story in the video)
- A spectacular Torrontes, the incredible white grape superstar of Argentina. This one comes from Salta, the high elevation desert in the north.
- A pitch-perfect Chardonnay that makes us wonder why can’t all Chards be this good?
- 40+ minute video of us tasting through and discussing the wines.
- Cellar tags for all of your bottles.
- A great price on some amazing wines!
Argentina! Malbec and so much more! We’ve been working hard to find a single producer that can deliver what we needed in a Somm Kit: variety of wines, variety of styles, and something distinctive and rare to throw into the box as well. We found it with Zuccardi, a third generation winemaking family that does it all right, from organic farming to out-of-the-box thinking. They are the exact opposite of big brands and big names that flood the Argentine wine market.
$153 worth of great wines for only $126.85 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.