The Sommelier Survival Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a video of sommelier Jason Kallsen tasting through these six wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six wines to show off the diversity of terroir and style that Beaujolais delivers.
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, cellar tags, and a 45+ minute video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines, including a tutorial on “Beaujolais Wines 101.”
- Features six selections including:
- A rare white Beaujolais (say whaaaaat?)
- Five reds, all from artisanal producers and top quality importers
- An under the radar Beaujolais that is pitch-perfect.
- Two Beaujolais-Village wines. One more modern and polished, the other a 2015 vintage from a natural producer that will blow you away. Both are awesome and totally different. Both are rarities.
- Two Cru Beaujolais: one from Saint-Amour, and one from Morgon, showing the immense detail and beauty the Crus of Beaujolais can bring.
- PLUS a ton of links and articles, maps, and education, to help you understand Beaujolais further.
Beaujolais is so much more than most people realize. The marketing juggernaut that Nouveau became in the 1990s did damage to Beaujolais, trapping it into a once-a-year-cheap-and-cheerful reputation. This is wrong. Beaujolais … and this is a big statement … shows terroir better than almost any red wine region in the world, and we cover this idea in the video.
$143 worth of top quality Beaujolais for only $121.45 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.