The Sommelier Survival Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
This particular pick:
- Six wines to show off the diversity of terroir and style that Chile delivers.
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, cellar tags, and a 45+ minute video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines, including a tutorial on “Chilean Wines 101.”
- Features six selections including:
- Two kick-ass whites. One Sauvignon Blanc (from Casablanca Valley) that is totally unlike a New Zealand SB. The other is a classic Sauvignon Blanc and Semillion blend (from Colchagua Valley). Both are distinctive, both are awesome.
- A wonderful and original Pinot Noir from San Antonio Valley, with all sorts of smokey and earthy aromas that remind me of a Nuits-St.-George from Burgundy!
- A Syrah/Merlot blend (!!) from the Maule Valley, where the 100+year-old vines still keep kicking.
- A pitch-perfect Carmenere from the Colchagua Valley, showing just how good this misunderstood variety can be.
- Our new favorite go-to Cabernet Sauvignon made from a small vineyard in the Colchagua Valley. Oh my, this is good.
- PLUS A BONUS VIDEO! We interviewed Larry Challacombe, a Chilean wine specialist, and the one responsible for many of these wines coming to America.
Chilean wines are far more diverse than people realize, and the quality is far greater on average than all other wine regions of the world. The reasons behind this big statement are many, and we cover it in the 45+ minute Somm Kit video. These are distinctive wines, made by families, made by Chilean winemakers, that all overdeliver.
$112 worth of Chilean picks for only $89.95 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.