The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a video of sommelier Jason Kallsen tasting through these six wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six wines that represent the core varieties every wine lover should know and have: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. These are the same six wines we showcase in our Ultimate Intro to Wine course.
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, cellar tags, and a 40+ minute video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines.
- Features six selections including:
- A stunning Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (but not from Marlborough! A rarity!)
- A beautiful Riesling that has consistently overperformed every vintage for over 20 years.
- A not-cheap Chardonnay that showcases just how good higher-end Chardonnay can be.
- Our favorite go-to Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.
- The Merlot we use to convert the anti-Merlot (i.e. Sideways) crowd.
- Our go-to Cabernet Sauvignon for all intro classes, showcasing EXACTLY what Cabernet is all about.
- PLUS a ton of links, articles, and education, to help you understand these wines further.
The Essential Six! The core grape varieties that every wine student should know. These represent the majority of wine sales by the glass at restaurants and are often the foundation of a wine collection at home. This is a great opportunity to either stock up the cellar or start your personal wine journey.
$145 worth of over-delivering wines for only $119.95 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.