The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a 30+ minute video of sommelier Jason Kallsen and Angela Kallsen tasting through these wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six fabulous French wines that are off the radar for most wine drinkers. Neat grape varieties, unknown regions, and distinctive gems.
- A perfect bargain-priced substitute for a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc … crisp, clean, lively, citrusy, and made with … Colombard and Gros Manseng! (say what?)
- A fabulous gem from Alsace, made with the now rarely used Sylvaner grape.
- A sassy wine made with the Sacy variety, from a region totally off the beaten path.
- A red Burgundy made from Pinot Noir. Wait? What? I thought this was “Under the Radar” wines? Yep … this is from a tiny, strange, little know part of Burgundy EAST and NORTH of Chablis!!!
- A bargain Cabernet Franc from the core of the Loire Valley. This might be the least under the radar of all the wines, but it’s a fantastic Cab Franc for very little money. A gem!
- A wine made with 100% Tannat, from the off-the-beaten-path region of Madiran, in Southwestern France.
This is a Somm Kit we’ve been looking forward to presenting to you! Under the radar wines is one of our favorite subjects, and we think wines like this are PERFECT for the Somm Kit idea. You can learn all about the wines, watch the video, and get food pairings ready ahead of popping the cork, and thus enjoy the wines to the fullest.
$133 worth of great wines for only $110.64 plus tax, through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen. Note that all wine shops are in charge of their own pricing.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.