The Somm Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
Each wine is from family-owned wineries. Each wine is from sustainably and organically farmed vineyards. And each wine has its own thing going on, which we cover in detail in the video.
The value of the Somm Kit: INSTANT access to tasting notes, cellar tags, food pairing ideas, articles, links, and a 30+ minute video of sommelier Jason Kallsen and Angela Kallsen tasting through these wines. Buying the wines through the Somm Kit is cheaper than going to the store and finding them yourself.
This particular pick:
- Six fabulous Italian wines that are off the radar for most wine drinkers. Neat grape varieties, unknown regions, and distinctive winemaking styles. Three whites and three reds, perfect for late Spring and early Summer sipping.
- A STUNNING unfiltered and natural white wine from northwestern Italy, showing the distinctive qualities that “hands off” winemaking brings to the equation. Shake it up before serving!
- A beautiful Verdicchio wine but not from the all-too-common area of Jesi. Instead, this is from the mountains, and the terroir shows in the wine.
- A gem from Lugana, one of our favorite ‘under the radar’ regions in the world for great white wines, especially to go with fresh water fish.
- A rarity from the Monica grape of Sardinia, made in a fresh, bright, and natural style. Unlike anything you’ve ever had. An eye-opener and GREAT with grilled fare.
- Two wines from regions you know well, but made in a different style than 99% of the wines of those areas.
This is an ideal Somm Kit for those in a wine rut! Under the radar wines is one of our favorite subjects, and we think wines like this are PERFECT for the Somm Kit idea. You can learn all about the wines, watch the video, and get food pairings ready ahead of popping the cork, and thus enjoy the wines to the fullest.
$135 worth of great wines for only $117.85 plus tax, through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen. Note that all wine shops are in charge of their own pricing.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.