The Sommelier Survival Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice, plus an educational video on theses specific wines, links for learning more, and cellar tags for all the bottles.
This particular pick:
- Six incredible dry Portuguese wines (two white, four red), with no Vinho Verde or Port (too predictable!).
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, maps, cellar tags, and a video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines.
- Features six selections including:
- Two dry and crisp Portuguese whites including an over the top Encruzado (one of Jason’s favorite grapes and you’ll hear why in the video).
- Two bargain dry Portuguese reds including a wine we deem the best buy in affordable red wine in the world today. We are serious!
- Two slightly higher-end Portuguese reds that show the power and panache this country is capable of. One from the Dão, on from the Douro.
Portuguese dry wines! Some of the best bargains in the wine world today.
Hands down, Portugal is our favorite country in Europe for food and wine travel (and yes, it will happen again!). Amazing people, a humble culture, and over the top delicious wines made with native varieties that you just don’t find anywhere else in the world. This is perfect for a Somm Survival Kit, for if you don’t get some insight into these wines, you’d never seek them out!
$99 worth of wine for only $80.94 plus tax, through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us with your request, we can usually make it happen. We are “retailer agnostic” as long as they are good people and a locally-owned shop.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.