The Sommelier Survival Kit! Independent sommelier-picked gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
This particular pick:
- Six awesome wine from Southwestern France, a $104 value, for only $83.64 plus tax.
- INSTANT access to detailed tasting notes, maps, cellar tags, and a video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines.
- Features a wide range of wines including:
- Two pop-on-a-whim crisp and clean white wine bargains
- A white made with the nearly extinct grape variety Camaralet
- A 100% Malbec gem from the historic home of the variety, Cahors
- A wine made with the little-tasted Tannat grape, from Madiran
- A half bottle dessert white wine produced through botrytis
This is one of my favorite regions to teach people about, for the wines are varied and distinctive, often made with grape varieties you may not have had before. As we explain in the video about the wines, the region suffered in marketing itself for centuries due to the fact that Bordeaux was the main nearby shipping channel, and they often blocked these wines from going out into the world. The result is a region full of hidden gems that fly under the radar of most wine drinkers.
$104 worth of wine for only $83.64 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available. If you live in Minnesota and wish to pick up at a different shop, options are often available. Email us for details.
For only $12, you buy into specific picks, which is offset (and then some) by the discounts you receive on the wines. Buying this collection through the Somm Survival Kit is cheaper than going to the store and picking them out yourself, plus you get extensive tasting notes with food pairing ideas, videos, maps, and more.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.