Sonoma Coast. It sounds so easy. Sonoma + Coastal areas = Sonoma Coast.
If only it was that simple.
In this new class, we’ll explore in exhaustive detail the Sonoma Coast American Viticultural Area. The formation of the AVA is a story in itself, and as you’ll learn there is more to it than you may expect.
Topics we will be covering:
- What defines an American Viticultural Area (AVA)?
- The history of the Sonoma Coast AVA
- The sub-regions of Sonoma Coast AVA
- Key grapes varieties
- Legacy producers, new producers, and key regions
- Touring the Sonoma Coast: where to stay, where to eat, what to do
- And more!
The Wine Workshops are designed to be a fast infusion of wine knowledge, taught by one of the most experienced wine educators in the country, certified sommelier Jason Kallsen. When properly and clearly explained, wine does not need to be intimidating. Which of course then makes it much more fun.
We hope you can join us for the Sonoma Coast: What you need to know.
Learn more about what it’s like to experience a Wine Workshop.