During these days of stay-at-home orders, we are working to find ways to bring inspiration and education to your life through wine.
The Sommelier Survival Kit! Hand-picked hidden gems of the wine world to keep you stocked up with exciting juice.
This particular pick:
- Six wines, a $130 value, for only $115.14 plus tax.
- NEW! Instant access to detailed tasting notes, maps, cellar tags, and a video of Jason and Angela tasting through and explaining all the wines.
- Features a bottle each of six wines to prove why Chardonnay is one of the great grapes in the world of wine
- A pop-on-a-whim Chardonnay blend from the Veneto in Italy (one of my favorite wines to have around all year, but especially summertime).
- An affordable sustainably-farmed gem from the Sonoma Coast, showing the impact of cool climate grape growing.
- A rocking and rare Chardonnay from far northern Italy, in the Alps region of Alto Adige, where snow capped peaks surround you.
- My new favorite Willamette Valley Chardonnay for the money, from a small producer in the Eola-Amity Hills.
- From Burgundy, a wine from the leader in biodynamic farming, from the top “insider’s secret” region for white Burgundy.
- And another from Burgundy, an organically farmed gem from a family that hand harvests their 27 acres and makes the wines as good and natural as can be.
Chardonnay is, without any debate, one of the royal grapes of the world of wine. It’s also able to grow in a wide variety of soils and climates, and it easily manipulated in the winery. The result? Chardonnay overload for many wine drinkers. The movement has a name: ABC, “Anything But Chardonnay.” This particular kit is designed to get to you to fall back in love with this significant other from long ago. Six fantastic Chardonnays, each with a distinctive personality, that will hopefully, if I did my job right, re-ignite your curiosity about this royal grape.
$130 worth of wine for only $115.14 plus tax, exclusively through North Loop Wine and Spirits wine shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you live outside of Minnesota, shipping is often available.
For only $12, you buy into specific picks, which is offset (and then some) by the discounts you receive on the wines. Buying this collection through the Somm Survival Kit is cheaper than going to the store and picking them out yourself, plus you get extensive tasting notes with food pairing ideas, videos, maps, and more.
Questions? Email Jason Kallsen at email@example.com.